6 July 2000
- We've received another Firmware update
for the Linksys routers. This one fixes the
Loopback function that was broken awhile back and adds some other nifty
here for more info and to get the update!
- In case you missed it in the Hardware
Router Chart, MacSense's latest firmware
adds IPSec passthru capability to the XRouter
and XRouter-Pro. Go to their firmware
page for the download.
5 July 2000
- Thanks to those of you who have reported problems with
the new site. The main issue is the broken Search page.
Please bear with us until we get the Front Page "bot" that we
were using replaced with something that will work with ASP!
- The Linksys
router help page has been updated with info on problems with
connections that use both PPPoE and either PPTP or IPsec VPN.
- Lots of interest in the Netgear RT314
router, but the word from NetGear is that it won't be shipping until the end
- Routers on deck! We have the
following routers waiting for evaluation:
The 'ol evaluation department better get to work! Check back next week!
4 July 2000
- We've officially launched the new site and are
working out the kinks with the new format, so please forgive some of the funny
looking pages! If you find something that's really unreadable, just
send us the URL and we'll get it fixed. You should now be able to
print pages ok with Netscape, too!
- Router-land has been busy since the site was last updated. UMAX has introduced the UGate 3200,
a 7 port 10/100 switched version of their UGate 3000.
added a link to copy of the new Netgear RT314's PDF reference
guide, for those of you looking for more details on it. No word yet
on when it ships, though.
-We also have a preliminary copy of the new
Asante FriendlyNet router's User guide available for
- Finally, we've had a few review requests for the Compex
NetPassage 15 router. It's been added to the chart and a
review unit requested.
Go to the Router Comparison
chart for the links for all these news items.
- Speaking of the Router Comparison Chart, we've added a framed
version of it to make it easier for you to read. Still no
spreadsheet version, though.